Ontario Hydro Rebates
Electricity Retrofit Incentive Program
ERIP offers you financial incentive to adopt more energy-efficient technologies and improve your bottom line.
When it’s time to retrofit your business, why not choose equipment that will save you money? With all the financial and timing considerations, energy-efficient options may not be the first thing on your mind. So we’ve made it easy for you. The Electricity Retrofit Incentive Program (ERIP) provides you with rebates to adopt energy efficient upgrades to improve your bottom line.
About the Program
Hydro One’s Electricity Retrofit Incentive Program provides business, farm and institutional customers of Hydro One Networks Inc. with an opportunity to realize their energy efficiency potential, and to receive attractive incentives to reduce the capital cost of energy efficient technologies.
The objective of the Electricity Retrofit Incentive Program is to initiate energy conservation and load management projects within the Commercial, Industrial, Agricultural and Institutional sectors by offering financial incentives.
Fixed Incentives for Specific Technologies
Rebates are offered for technologies on a per-unit or performance basis. Refer to the worksheets and Prescriptive Project Guidelines for more information about qualifying Prescriptive Technologies, such as:
- Energy-efficient lighting
- Unitary A/C Units (up to 25 tonnes) that are ENERGY STAR®-qualified/CEE compliant
- Three-phase premium efficiency motors
- Incentives are also available for agricultural fans, creep heat and controls.
Incentives for Custom Projects
Incentives will be available for pre-approved projects that result in measurable reductions in electrical peak demand. These projects may be completed using energy-efficient, leading-edge technologies or may be based on innovative, custom solutions. Refer to the worksheets and Custom Project Guidelines for more information.
Eligibility and Timelines
Applicants must be owners or tenants of business premises served by Hydro One. Please note that if you are a tenant, you must obtain permission from the property owner for installation of the measures for which an incentive is claimed.
Although the Ontario Power Authority Guidelines state that ERIP deadlines are based on a three-year commitment, the contract between Hydro One Networks and the OPA for the delivery of the program is reviewed on a yearly basis. Hydro One Networks, therefore, recommends that customers apply for incentives based on the following deadlines, as funding is limited and the program may not be offered beyond 2010:
- Applications submitted for pre-approval must be received by Hydro One Networks no later than December 31, 2010.
- Applications submitted for Prescriptive incentives after project installation must be received by Hydro One Networks no later than December 31, 2010.
- Projects must be completed and all supporting documentation received by Hydro One within 12 months of pre-approval.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.